I have developed an algebra program that focuses on rigorous repetition of the skills to be learned. Algebra problems can be beneficially worked two, three, four or more times. I believe that students benefit by working problems more and discussing them. The student's conceptual understanding will come after mastering the mechanics of problem solving through repetition.
Critical thinking and independent problem solving will be an integral part of this course which conforms to the National Council of Teachers of Mathematics (NCTM) standards and conforms with the Common Core Standards.
Curriculum Content Includes:
- Properties, Signs, and Order of Operations
- Polynomials: Addition, Subtraction, Multiplying and Division
-Equations, Inequalities, Factoring
- Factoring to Solve Quadratic Equations
- Addition and Subtraction of Rational Expressions
- Solving Linear Equations
- Slope and Writing Equations
Text: "Algebra I" Publisher: Glencoe