Mathematics - 6th Grade
I have developed a unique mathematics program that has students develop problem-solving techniques that will assist them in everyday life. I will connect mathematics to real world, everyday activities to generate interest and show relevance. The students will realize how mathematics is not only useful, but also connected to their own lives.
The students will learn basic facts and skills needed in today's society. My program will include in-class practice of the content and homework for reinforcement. The students will be taught reading strategies for problem solving.
My mathematics program will prep the students to insure success on test day.
Curriculum Content Includes:
- Real world Use of Whole Numbers
- Connecting Arithmetic to Algebra
- Decimals and Measurement
- Patterns and Number Theory
- Fractions: Adding, Subtracting, Multiplying & Dividing
- The Geometry of Polygons
- Integers and the Coordinate Plane
- Ratio, Proportions, Percent and Probability
Text: "Progress in Mathematics" Publisher: Sadlier-Oxford